Kelly Easterday, Alice Kelly and Maggi Kelly (it is not required to be named Kelly in the Kellylab, however!) are off to the AAGs in Chicago this week.
- Kelly will be presenting on our VTM work: "Quantifying diversity and conservation status of California's Oak trees using the historic Vegetation Type Mapping (VTM) dataset." She will be part of an organized Historical Ecology session.
- Alice will be presenting her paper: "Policing Paradise: The Evolution of Law Enforcement in US National Parks" as part of the session on Green Violence 2: Interrogating New Conflicts over Nature and Conservation.
- Other former kellylabbers include:
- Desheng Liu, now at the Ohio State University, who will be presenting on "Spatial-Temporal Markovian Support Vector Classifier: A Next-Generation Classifier" in the Spatial Analysis Methods session.
- Ellen Kersten, postdoc at UC Berkeley, who will be presenting on "Spatial triage, spatial justice? A critical evaluation of geospatial approaches to health equity research and policy" in the #CritGIS: Social Justice and GIS: Past, Present, and Future session.
- John Connor, graduate student at ASU, who will be presenting on "Co-producing diversity: Land use and livelihoods in Tanzania's Kilombero Valley" in the Agricultural-Rural Production Systems and Livelihoods session.